Show Me The Honey: Discover This 'Stinger' Of A Niche That Originated 4,500 Years Ago In Ancient Egypt
Beekeeping is exactly what it sounds like, the maintenance of bee communities, usually honey bees, in hives.
Beekeepers (or apiarists) keep their bees in something called an “apiary.”
They often raise the bees to collect their honey, jams, pollin, beeswax, and other products for money.
Some raise queens and bees to sell to other farmers or for scientific research.
Many provide pollination services to fruit and vegetable growers.
For some it's simple a hobby or a way to be closer to nature and make a difference by keeping the bee population healthy.
History of beekeeping:
Beekeeping is believed to have originated in Egypt around 4,500 years ago though humans have been collecting honey from wild bees up to 15,000 years ago. (Source)
Urban beekeeping (also known as natural beekeeping or urban apiculture or city beekeeping) is a attempt to move away from industrialized beekeeping by obtaining honey through small scale colonies that pollinate urban gardens.
It is a growing trend recently made legal in many cities where it was previously banned and is popular in major cities around the world including Paris, Tokyo, London, Melbourne and Washington.
City bees are believed to be healthier than rural bees due to fewer pesticides and greater biodiversity though urban bees may struggle to find forage.
- Popularity Of The Beekeeping Niche
- Market Size & Growth
- Reasons For Entering The Beekeeper Niche:
- Sub-Niches To Explore
- Problems, Concerns and Pains In The Niche?
- Demographics: Who's The Target Audience
- Most Common Google Search Terms
- Most Common Questions In The Niche
- Best Selling Beekeeper Products
- Products Advertised on Google Adwords
- Top Selling Amazon Products In The Niche
- Top Selling Kindle Products In The Niche
- Top ClickBank Products for Beekeeping
- Most Popular Products On JVZoo In The Niche
- Other Affiliate Products
- Websites, Blogs, Forums, Social Hubs & Videos
- Top Authority Sites
- Top Blogs in Beekeeping
- Top Beekeeping Forums
- Top Social Media Pages & Hubs
- Top 20 Articles & Blog Posts On The Topic
- Beekeeping Magazines
- Most Common Forum Topics
- 10 Articles or Blog Titles that Can be Written:
- Infoproduct & Ebook Ideas
- How To 'Hack' Your Way Into This Niche
- Report Summary & Conclusions
- What You'll Need To Get Started:
- If You've Missed Our Previous Niche Reports:
- Want 6+ New Niche Reports Every Month?
Right click and 'save as' to download the PDF....
Popularity Of The Beekeeping Niche
Google Monthly Search Volumes:
Beekeeping for beginners
Market Size & Growth
- There are approximately 26,000 people employed in the beekeeping industry. (Source)
- In 2013, there was nearly $300 million in revenue from beekeeping.
- Canada has over 7,000 beekeepers and 600,000 colonies (Source)
- Wild honey production in 2012 in USA was 70,306 metric tons. (Source)
- There is an estimated 210,000 backyard beekeepers and 2.4 million bee hives in the USA and growing. (Source)
- From 2012 to 2013 there was an increase from 54% to 70% in consumers purchasing honey. (Source)
- The New York City Beekeepers Association had some 70 students for a spring 2009 course on urban beekeeping. One year later, the organization, had 220 attendees. (Source)
Websites Sold On Flippa.com
Number of products on Amazon
- Beekeeping: 3,105
- Bee hives: 8,991
- Beekeeping Supplies: 396
- Beekeeping equipment: 421
- Total: 12,913
Number of products on Clickbank: 10+
Number of websites & blogs: 100+
Number of forums: 25+
Total forum members across all forums: 50,000+
Number of social media hubs: 100 +
Reasons For Entering The Beekeeper Niche:
- Growing and evergreen due to the increasing demand for sustainable living, home made food sources and environmental issues so will always be a need for your information and products.
- Appeals to wide range of people from old couples to farmers to environmentalists to hipsters so you can target different demographics.
- Lots of money to get started and maintain the hobby or business so lots of fat commissions to you.
- Lots of products on sale on Amazon and Clickbank
- Strong monthly search volumes and high demand which means huge profits.
- Not much competition from other marketers so it will be easy to compete.
- Huge amounts of forum and social media members and followers that you can use to drive traffic.
- Not many great blogs on the topic mostly hobby blogs, outdated or poorly done meaning you can easily 'hack' you way ahead in the niche.
Sub-Niches To Explore
- Beekeeping for kids
- Beekeeping for beginners
- Beekeeping for gardeners
- Making beekeeping kits
- Commercial beekeeping
- Hobby Beekeeping
- Sideline Beekeeping
- Keeping bees to produce income
- Keeping bees to provide pollination services
- Beekeeping for certain types of bees (honey bees, worker bees, etc.)
- Beekeeping for a backyard hobby
- Beekeeping for research
People in the niche also interested in:
- Growing their own fruit, vegetables & herbs
- Backyard chicken raising
- Backyard agriculture
- Urban farming
- Sustainable living
- Pet care
(P.S. If you'd like to download a free list of 1,781 profitable niches click here or the image below)
Problems, Concerns and Pains In The Niche?
Beekeeping is primarily a hobby niche rather than something people do because of a great pain or problem in their life. However that doesn't mean there are not problems within the niche.
The reason people get into beekeeping is because....
- Want to sustain the bee population and help keep it healthy due to drop in bee numbers in recent years.
- Concerns for environmental reasons such as food production.
- To make their own honey.
- To collect money from honey, wax and pollen.
- They want an interesting hobby that also produces end products they can use, i.e. honey and wax.
Problems beekeepers face....
- Beekeeping is not always as profitable as expected.
- Hive health
- Reliance on imported packages and queens.
- The actual process of managing hives is quite difficult. It requires strength and labor
- If one part is not perfectly executed, it can negatively affect the entire hive.
- Diseases may threaten entire hives, as well as the weather.
- Competition from low priced imported honey makes it difficult to sell your homemade products.
- Cold weather can be brutal while trying to manage a hive.
- Starter kits cost minimum $200, hives can be several hundred dollars and protective suits $100+.
- Even with protective suits you WILL get stung.
What is the solution to these problems?
- If someone is struggling to sell the produce their bees produce you can provide them the solution of how to turn it into a profitable venture.
- If disease and health of their bees is the issue then a guide on how to keep your bees happy and healthy.
- If they don't know how to build a hive you can give them a blueprint or plan on how to do so or sell them a built hive (big profits!)
- If being constantly stung is the issue then how to safely protect themselves.
- Or if they are using the honey to cook provide recipes they can use.
Demographics: Who's The Target Audience
- Ratio is around 4:1 men to women beekeepers. (Source) but is rapidly changing with more women getting involved.
- The core group of beekeepers are middle aged or older but with more 20-30s environmentalists, hipsters, and nature conscious people getting involved. (Source)
- The average beekeeper is educated and experienced (Source)
- Europe has the greatest interest in beekeeping, with about 620,000 beekeepers.
Most Common Google Search Terms
Use these terms to create content and as target keywords.
1. Honey bees
3. Beekeeping suit
4. Bee supply
5. Bees for sale
6. Bee hive
7. Beekeeping equipment
8. Bee equipment
11. Raising bees
12. Beekeeping clothing
13. Hives for sale
14. Bee removal
15. Buy bees
16. Beekeeping for beginners
17. Buy honey
18. Beekeeper hat
19. Honey supplies
20. Bee farm
Get over 1,000+ more keywords by downloading the excel sheet below...
>>> 1000 Beekeeping Keywords <<<
23. Beekeeping honey
24. Beekeeping books
25. Backyard beekeeping
26. Beekeepers association
27. Bee keeper
29. Sale beekeeping
30. Beekeepers los
31. Youtube beekeeping
32. Beekeepers san
34. Urban beekeeping
35. Natural beekeeping
36. Beekeeping courses
37. Beekeeping information
39. Beekeeping getting
40. Pdf beekeeping
41. Information about honey
42. UK beekeeping
43. Beekeeping Canada
44. London beekeepers
48. Bee allergy
49. Best supplies
50. Bee profits
Most Common Questions In The Niche
Build content and products around these questions. Questions are problems that people have and solving peoples problems with your content is how you will make money.
People pay for solutions.
1. How much does it cost to start beekeeping?
2. How much time must one invest to be a beekeeper?
3. What supplies do I need to become a beekeeper?
4. From where do I order bees?
5. Do I have to join an organization to raise bees officially?
6. How profitable is beekeeping?
7. How often will I be stung?
8. How badly do beestings hurt?
9. How will I know if I am allergic to the bees?
10. How should I remove a stinger once I have been stung?
11. Can I die from being stung by a bee?
12. Do bees actually die after stinging a person?
13. How many bees live in a colony?
14. How many colonies are in a hive?
15. How fast do bees fly?
16. How far will bees travel to forage?
17. How much pollen can a bee collect during one trip?
18. How many trips to bees make in a single day for nectar?
19. How do I keep neighbors from beekeeping?
20. Is it safe to eat the pure honey that my bees make?
Best Selling Beekeeper Products
A list of the best selling products from Amazon, Clickbank, Kindle and independent retailers with affiliate programs.
Also a list of the best PLR products which you can use for content or repackage as your products.
Products Advertised on Google Adwords
-selling supplies for bees
-selling quick-start guides to beekeeping
-selling cheap bee supplies
-selling a beekeeping course
-selling bee supplies
Right click and 'save as' to download the PDF....
Top Selling Amazon Products In The Niche
Bee Hive Stainless Smoker
Mann Lake HD584 Steel Standard Hive Tool
Natural Beekeeping: Organic Approaches
Mann Lake WW906 10-Pack Commercial Frame
Mann Lake Traditional Basic Starter Pack
SODIAL Bee Viel Protection
Complete Bee Keeper Suit
Top Selling Kindle Products In The Niche
Beekeeping For Dummies by Howland Blackiston (Mar 16, 2009)
$11.49 Kindle Edition
This book gives insight on the history and mechanics of bee-keeping for beginners.
222 reviews, 5 stars
The Beekeeper's Bible: Bees, Honey, Recipes & Other Home Uses by Richard Jones and Sharon Sweeney-Lynch (2010)
This book is more of a guide for bi-products than for actual beekeeping. It discusses the uses of beekeeping.
57 reviews, 5 stars
The Backyard Beekeeper - Revised and Updated: An Absolute Beginner's Guide to Keeping Bees in Your Yard and Garden... by Kim Flottum (Feb 1, 2010)
$12.49 Kindle Edition
This is a step-by-step guide for starting bee hives.
102 reviews, 4.5 stars
The Beekeeper's Handbook by Diana Sammataro, Alphonse Avitabile and Dewey M. Caron (May 13, 2011)
This book gives tips to seasonal beekeeping and step-by-stepes for beekeepers.
60 reviews, 4.5 stars
The Practical Beekeeper: Beekeeping Natural-ly by Michael Bush (Jun 16, 2011)
This is a guide to all-natural beekeeping.
113 reviews, 5 stars
The Complete Step-by-Step Book of Beekeep-ing by David Cramp (Jan 16, 2012)
This book illustrates how to become a beekeeper from the ground up.
13 reviews, 4.5 stars
Mysteries of Bee-keeping Explained by M. (Moses) Quinby (Jul 6, 2010)
This book discusses strange bee behaviors.
16 reviews, 3.5 stars
Top-Bar Beekeeping: Organic Practices for Honeybee Health by Les Crowder and Heather Harrell (Aug 31, 2012)
$13.99 Kindle Edition
This is another all-natural beekeeping book.
66 reviews, 5 stars
Natural Beekeeping: Organic Approaches to Modern Apiculture, 2nd Edi-tion by Ross Conrad and Gary Paul Nabhan (Mar 8, 2013)
This is an organic guide to raising bees.
12 reviews, 4.5 stars
Build Your Own Beekeeping Equipment: How to Construct 8- & 10-Frame Hives; Top Bar, Nuc & Demo Hives; Feeders,... by Tony Pisano (Apr 23, 2013)
This book gives buyers instructions on how to build their own beekeeping equipment.
9 reviews, 4 stars
Homegrown Honey Bees: An Absolute Beginner's Guide to Beekeeping Your First Year, from Hiving to Honey Harvest...by Alethea Morrison and Mars Vilaubi (Jan 29, 2013)
Just as it reads, this book is for absolute beginners.
19 reviews, 4.5 stars
Building Beehives For Dummies by Howland Blackiston (Jan 4, 2013)
$11.49 Kindle Edition
This book is a how-to guide for forming hives.
37 reviews, 4.5 stars
Natural Beekeeping with Ross Conrad 2012
This is a DVD instructional.
7 reviews, 4.5 stars
The New Complete Guide to Beekeeping by Roger A. Morse (Feb 3, 2014)
This is an up to date guide on beekeeping.
7 reviews, 3 stars
Beekeeping: A Seasonal Guide by Ron Brown (Jun 7, 2011)
This book educates beekeepers on proper protocol for each season of the year.
4 reviews, 5 stars
A Manual or an Easy Method of Managing Bees by John Moseley Weeks (May 12, 2012)
This is another basic beekeeping book.
9 reviews, 4 stars
The Complete Idiot's Guide to Beekeeping by Dean Stiglitz and Laurie Herbold-sheimer (May 4, 2010)
$5.12 Kindle Edition
This is a very straightforward book on beekeeping, from the ground up.
43 reviews, 4.5 stars
The Thinking Beekeeper: A Guide to Natural Beekeeping in Top Bar Hives by Christy Hemenway (Jan 15, 2013)
$12.99 Kindle Edition
This is for those interested in natural beekeeping.
25 reviews, 4.5 stars
Honey Bee Biology and Beekeeping, Revised Edition by Dewey M. Caron, Lawrence John Connor, Robert G. Muir and Ann Harman (Jun 28, 2013)
This looks at anatomy more than actual construction of hives.
10 reviews, 5 stars
Better Beekeeping: The Ultimate Guide to Keeping Stronger Colonies and Healthi-er, More Productive Bees by Kim Flottum (Aug 1, 2011)
$11.99 Kindle Edition
This focuses on the health of bees.
14 reviews, 4 stars
Top ClickBank Products for Beekeeping
The Beekeeping Bible
A Beekeeping Guide. + Discover My Beekeeping Secrets. Follow Me On The Farm And See My Life As A Beekeeper.
Discover Beekeeping - A Beginner Beekeepers Guide
Beekeeping Is The Big Buzz Word Right Now, Learn How To Become A Beekeeper With This Easy To Follow Guide. Author Provides Full Email Support And Owns One Of The Largest Beekeeping Forums On The Internet. Top Converting Product.
The Barefoot Beekeeper
The Barefoot Beekeeper Is A Revolutionary Book About Low-cost, Low-impact, Chemical-free Beekeeping, Showing How It Can Be Made Accessible To All, Including People With Disabilities. Free Hive Building Instructions And Support Forum On Author's Site.
How To Start Beekeeping
Want To Start Beekeeping? This New Ebook Reveals It All. Start Keeping Bees This Season! (affiliates 75
Beekeeping Ebook - Swarm Traps And Bait Hives
Want Free Bees? With This E-book, You Can Learn The Old Craft Of Swarm Trapping To Get Bees For Free. The First Swarm A Beekeeper Catches More Than Pays For The Book. It Will Work For Even The Newest Beginner! All Instruction Included!
Honey Bee Plants
A Complete Guide To Honey Bee Plants In The UK And How To Attract Them To Your Garden. Why Plants Are Important For Healthy Of Honey Bees. For Beekeepers, Garden Designers And Gardeners.
Essential Beekeeping Secrets Ebook
50% Affiliate Commission. New Book Reveals Secrets Any Beginner Must Know For Immediate And Easy Success. Nice Converting Sales Page.
Avg %/sale: 50.0%
Start Practical Beekeeping & Discover Honey Bee Secrets
Revealing Beekeeper Secrets Of Creating New Queen Bees, Catching Wild Swarms & Harvesting Honey. Learn About Bee Diseases And Pests, Maintaining Your Apiary And Top Quality Beekeeper Equipment! Find Out About The Bee Family And Splitting Colonies.
Initial $/sale: $0.00
Avg %/sale: 60.0%
Diybeehive.com Warre Garden Hive Construction Guide 2.0
Build Your Own Warre Garden Backyard Top Bar Beehive! This Hot Product Shows How With Audio, Video And PDF Manual. Build Your First Beehive This Beekeeping Season! Affiliate Page At Http://diybeehive.com/affiliates - $27 - Affiliates 60 Percent
Most Popular Products On JVZoo In The Niche
Beekeeping for Beginners
The book is beginners’ manual for starting a bee hive.
Other Affiliate Products
- Trees n Bees, Inc - http://www.treesnbees.com/
- Crown Bees - http://www.crownbees.com/fund-raising-opportunities/
- Backyard Hive - http://www.backyardhive.com/
- Centre For Bee Research - http://www.cebrad.com/
- Naturebee - http://www.naturebee.com/affiliate.php
- Bee On The Net - http://www.bees-on-the-net.com/beekeeping-supplies.html
- Grow Organic - http://www.groworganic.com/homestead/beekeeping.html
PLR Products Available In The Niche
PLR can be used for research purposes or to help you with content. It's better if you at least re-write anything you buy and fact check it too before publishing.
- Bee Keeping PLR Articles - http://www.plrpublication.com/view/bee+keeping+plr+ebooks-1.html
- Beekeeping PLR Ebook - http://master-resale-rights.com/personal-niches/home-and-garden/gardening/beekeeping-plr/
- Learn How To Keep Bees Successfully - http://www.theplrmart.com/284-the-beginners-beekeeping-bible-how-to-be-a-beekeeper.html
- How To Keep Bees - http://issuu.com/suesilvia/docs/how_to_keep_bees_plr.pdf
- Beekeeping For Beginners – http://www.idplr.com/view-details/50-graphics/beekeeping-for-beginners.html
Websites, Blogs, Forums, Social Hubs & Videos
A list of the best authority sites and blogs with their alexa rank, page rank, estimated member / visitors and what they offer on the site.
Also a list of the best forums, social media hubs and most popular Youtube videos.
Top Authority Sites
- Alexa rank of 56,058 in the US
- 131,169 globally
- Page rank is 0
- 14,000 members
- Contact available upon request.
- The website is very thorough, offering so many sources for beginners and the most experienced.
- Alexa rank of 10,979,224
- Page rank is 4
- No accurate information could be found on exactly how many members this site has, but they offer several resources for keepers, like blogs, contact information of other keepers, and more. One of the biggest perks of this site is that it offers services to keepers , like cleaning and maintenance.
- [email protected]
Urban Farm Online
- An authority site for urban farming that includes everything from backyard chickens to beekeeping.
- 125,000 likes on FB: https://www.facebook.com/urbanfarm
- Forum: http://www.hobbyfarms.com/community.aspx
Top Blogs in Beekeeping
Linda’s site offers pictures, tips, and referrals to other great blogs.
It is updated regularly.
3,701,302 Alexa rank
Page rank of 3
The Hive Life
The Hive Life is a picture blog, offering a story and some instructions.
Page rank of 0
The site is regularly updated, out of Chicago.
Bee Culture Blog
Contact by request
This blog offers great seasonal tips, and is basically an online bulletin for upcoming beekeeping events.
Alexa rank 1,233,920
Page rank of 0
Updated almost daily
Contact by telephone
Alexa of 2,160,703
Page rank of 4
This blog is another bulletin-style site for upcoming events and classes.
Other beekeeper blogs:
Top Beekeeping Forums
- Roughly 2,500 members
- Page rank of 5
- Alexa rank of 861,434
- Contact info unavailable
- They are a very active community.
- 6,000 members
- Page rank of 0
- Alexa rank of 549,781
- No social media
- Contact info unavailable
- This community is very active, especially in discussing bee removal.
- Page rank of 4
- Alexa rank of 674,118
- Contact by request
- Alexa rank of 4,469
- Page rank of 0
- 600 members
Other popular forums:
Top Social Media Pages & Hubs
- Facebook.com/BeginnerBeekeepers - 7303 Members
- Facebook.com/BeekeepingHoneyBeeChronicles - 1569 Members
- Facebook.com/beesource - 10,238 members
- Facebook.com/worldbeekeeping - 2,598 members
- Facebook.com/NYC beekeepers - 2,297 members
- Facebook.com/BackwardsBeekeepers - 2827 members
- https://www.facebook.com/beekeeping.photo - 11,928 members
- https://www.facebook.com/pages/Modern-Beekeeping/106031002796750 - 2,687
- https://www.facebook.com/pages/American-Beekeeping-Federation/187316191311832 - 3,176
- https://www.facebook.com/WorldBeekeepingNews - 1,245
- https://www.facebook.com/NYCBeekeepers - 2,300
- http://www.pinterest.com/skirtmuseum/beekeeping/ -
- 433 followers
- http://www.pinterest.com/3748ford/ - 2,069 followers
- http://www.pinterest.com/lovemybooksii/bee-keeping/ -
- 1,582 followers
- http://www.pinterest.com/organicconsumer/beekeeping/ - 10,278 followers
- http://www.pinterest.com/sassynancy/bee-keeping/ - 3,993 followers
- http://www.pinterest.com/idabee/bee-keeping-bee-culture/ - 1,122 followers
- https://twitter.com/beekeeping - 4,035 followers
- https://twitter.com/surreybeekeeper - 3,776 followers
- https://twitter.com/WorldBeekeeping - 2302 followers
- https://twitter.com/NYCBeekeeping - 1,306 followers
Most Popular Youtube Videos
- Cutting & Bottling Honey - www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lvaphnin8Iw (252,985 views)
- Beekeeping Queen Bee On Frame - www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aXmH7iYZgU (206,000)
- Heathlad Beekeeping - www.youtube.com/watch?v=upbONroWPic (173,00 views)
- Making A Wooden Frame For A Bee Hive - - www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IEUfyxexvI (163,000)
- Beekeeping Rearing Part 1 - www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5WgdvJU3eQ (160,216 views)
- Principals of Beekeeping: Starting A Brood - www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSTVl4FOdhE (141, 936)
- Making Your Own Queens - www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUEcyh0dpIw (121,966 views)
http://www.reddit.com/r/Beekeeping/ (7,518 members)
Scoop It Groups
Top 20 Articles & Blog Posts On The Topic
Use these as ideas of what content people in the niche like and attempt to write similar or improve on it.
No point in guessing what people want to read when you can just replicate what already works.
1. Why Natural Beeking Could Save Our Honey Maing Friends
2. LA Backyard Beekeepers Picking Up Buzz
3. LA Takes First Step Towards Urban Beekeeping
4. DIY Backyard Beekeeping: A Guide For Beginners
5. Beekeepers 101
6. A Beginners Guide To Beekeeping
7. Advice For Beginner Beekeepers
8. How To Start Beekeeping For Free
9. The Rules For Successful Beekeeping
10. A Quick Guide To Starting A Beehive
11. How To Start An Urban Beehive
12. Tips To Start Honey Bee Keeping
Magazines can be used for content ideas, advertising or to promote subscriptions (Amazon allows affiliates to promote magazine subscriptions)
- Bee Culture: http://www.beeculture.com/index.cfm
- Bee Craft: http://www.bee-craft.com/
- American Bee Journal: http://www.americanbeejournal.com/
- Beekeepers: http://beekeepers.peacockmagazines.com/
- Australasian Beekeeper: http://www.amazon.com/Australasian-Beekeeper/dp/B00007LLWG/ref=cm_lmf_tit_6
- Beekeepers Quarterly: http://www.amazon.com/Beekeepers-Quarterly/dp/B0000AWDGW/ref=cm_lmf_tit_3
- Scottish Beekeepers: http://www.amazon.com/Scottish-Beekeeper/dp/B00006LDOI/ref=cm_lmf_tit_7
Most Common Forum Topics
1. How to start beekeeping
2. Beekeeping 101
3. Diseases and pests
4. Colony Collapse Disorder
5. Equipment reviews
6. Queen and bee breeding
7. Treatment free beekeeping
8. Alternative pollinators
9. Garden/planting for bees
10. Beekeeping photo forum
11. Bi-product marketing
12. Hive observation
13. Bee research
14. Apicultural societies
18. Products of the hive
20. Where to buy bees
10 Articles or Blog Titles that Can be Written:
1. How to expand the beekeeping community
2. How to get your neighbors comfortable with your hive
3. Children and beekeeping
4. How to raise bees in the city
5. Global beekeeping contrasts
6. A year in the life of a beekeeper
7. Bees for a business
8. Bee stings for medicine
9. Beekeeping indoors
10. The heart of a beekeeper: why they do it
Infoproduct & Ebook Ideas
1. Recipe book/manual for products to be made with bee bi-products.
2. Video on flavouring honey
3. Video on how to deal with a bee sting
4. Ebook of a year-long personal diary of beekeeper
5. Honey samples (different flavors)
6. Video on complete set up of bee habitat
7. Ebook on cheapest places to buy products
8. Wax samples
9. Ebook instructional on useful ideas for wax
10. Ebook on how to dispose of all bee products/habitats after career is over
11. How to build a bee hive plans.
How To 'Hack' Your Way Into This Niche
This very lucrative and growing niche is perfect for 'hacking' you way into.
Creating an authority site / blog...
Set up an Autoresponder account with Aweber so you can build your email subscribers list.
Create in-depth content that provides solutions to the problems mentioned above, i.e. disease, producing honey, making beekeeping easier, turning your hobby into a business.
Source out the most popular topics on the subject and make them even better! These topics are what people want to read.
Make sure no stone is left unturned and you cover every aspect of the topic in detail. Posts that reference other influential bloggers tend to get more shares as both they and their fans will share.
If you found a popular post, i.e. "100 Reasons Why You Should Keep Bees" you should create a "150 Reasons" post.
Go bigger and better every time.
All your content should be focused around solving problems people have from how to keep bees, how to keep them healthy etc whether its articles, videos, podcasts or infographics.
How to create the content...
Partner up with a beekeeper hobbyist you find online via a forum or blog and have them create the content.
If you can find an enthusiast your topic will be MUCH more believable.
Or go for the authority model and have all the top writers in the niche blog for you.
If you prefer to go solo see 'How To Create Content In A Niche You Know Nothing About'
Alternatively outsource on Elance. 500 words for $20+ will increase quality.
Or see the PLR section of the report above.
Create great content and get your target audience looking at it by being wherever they are online - forums, blogs, social media groups etc.
Build up a presence on niche forums, comment on blogs, guest post, answer questions on Q&A sites, interact on popular social media groups or boards.
Also get the influential people in your niche talking about it on their blogs, social media profiles and forums.
If it's a useful resource they will be interested in it – so send them an email, tweet them, or post a message on their wall on FB.
Network with beekeeper bloggers, forum owners, social media hub managers, product creators.
Write a guest post for them or share something you know they'll like they may not have seen.
Continually share their stuff on social media.
Ego-bait them by mentioning them in a post that praises them or references them as an expert.
Comment on their blog posts – really get in depth in your comments and break down their posts detailing what you like or didn't like.
Try using Buzz Bundle to speed up your traffic generation.
Start by promoting affiliate products, as discussed earlier there are any on Amazon and Clickbank.
Review products, show them in action where possible, mention them in your posts.
Product reviews and tutorials always work well.
People trust the opinions of authorities in the niche. See my post I asked 8 IM Experts... for an example of how I used experts to tell people what the best keyword research tool is - that's resulted in sales of various tools mentioned.
TIP: When I add purchase proof, i.e. an image of my receipt, my conversion rates sky rocket.
Right click and 'save as' to download the PDF....
Report Summary & Conclusions
Due to the high demand for beekeeping information and supplies coupled with the increasing trend in backyard beekeeping and the lack of competition from serious marketers this is a fantastic niche to get involved with.
It's an expensive hobby, the demographic has money to spend and lots of free time to do it, and there's an abundance of digital and real life products on sale at Amazon and Clickbank.
There's endless ways to reach your target audience online via forums, blogs and social media sites and so many problems to solve which will result in revenue for you.
Don't get stung chasing after unprofitable niches! Get involved with the buzzing beekeeping niche instead!
What You'll Need To Get Started:
- A brandable domain from NameCheap
- A premium theme from Studiopress
- Image & graphics from Photodune from $1 (don't take images from Google you'll end up in legal trouble)
- An auto-responder to build your email list and contact your customers – Aweber is just $1
- The number #1 email capture tool on the market – OptinMonster, so you can grow your list fast.
- A set of 12+ free tools that'll blow up your email list and exponentially grow your site from SumoMe.
If You've Missed Our Previous Niche Reports:
- Forget Shaving And Discover This Hairy 21 Billion Dollar Niche Market
Want 6+ New Niche Reports Every Month?
If you want instant access to 150+ profitable niche reports and 6+ new reports every month including a list of profitable keywords, check out our members area.
Over 450 members are already taking advantage, why aren't you?
Join us here:
Are you going to try and make honey...I mean money in the beekeeping niche?
Tell me in the comments section below...