EXCLUSIVE Interview With Top 100 Entrepreneur & Top 10 Online Marketer - Neil Patel
This is a new feature on NicheHacks.
From these interviews you'll find out a little about their business, some advice they have for you to get started, whether to follow passion or money and some other useful bits and pieces.
Today we're kicking off with a bang interviewing someone who is "kind of a big deal".
Labeled as a top influencer on the web by the Wall Street Journal and top 10 online marketers by Forbes.
Entrepreneur Magazine says he created one of the 100 most brilliant companies in the world and both President Obama and the United Nations recognized him as one of the top 100 entrepreneurs under the age of 35.
Companies like Amazon, NBC, HP, and Viacom call him when they want to grow their revenue.
Let's get on with this, shall we...
To discover 200+ profitable niche markets click the image below now...
1. For anyone who doesn't know you, who are you and what are you all about?
My name is Neil Patel and I am a serial entrepreneur.
I enjoy creating products for marketers, such as Crazy Egg and Hellobar.
During my spare time, I enjoy blogging about marketing advice.
2. How did you get started in internet marketing?
When I was 16 years old I started my first website, Advice Monkey. It was a job board and when I released it, no one came to the site. So I had no choice but to learn how to market it online to increase my traffic.
Eventually, the site started to gain traction, but it never made any money, which caused the business to fail. But I got good at Internet marketing, so I decided to become a consultant.
3. Often friends and family don't really 'get' this whole internet marketing thing or take it seriously, how do yours feel about it and how did they react when you first told them you were going to give it a try?
They don’t really understand what I do. I just tell them I am an entrepreneur that creates products for businesses. They accept it and are happy with me.
4. What was your first ever website or niche?
Advice Monkey and it was in the career space. It failed and is no longer around.
5. If you had to give one piece of advice to a newcomer in the internet marketing world, what would it be?
Create a really good product. If your product solves a problem in the market and it’s easy to use, you’ll have a much easier time marketing it.
6. What does it take to be a success in the internet marketing world in your opinion?
Hard work and continual learning. Things change in the marketing world at a rapid pace… so as long as you are staying up to date with the latest changes and you are willing to put in the time, you can do well as a marketer.
7. When choosing a niche, follow passion or money?
I say passion. If you do what you love, eventually the money follows… assuming you are solving a problem.
8. One of the most common questions I receive from my audience is “How do I get started?”. What would you advise them?
You have to figure that out on your own. Starting is the easiest part about entrepreneurship, if you can’t figure that out, you aren’t meant to be one.
9. If you lost everything and had to start all over again with just a $100 budget, what would your plan of action be?
I would start a blog. I would buy a domain name, use affordable hosting, and run a WordPress blog. By blogging about your passion you can brand yourself as an expert, which can lead to income later down the road.
10. What are you working on at the moment, what are your plans for the future and do you have anything new in the pipeline you'd like to share with us?
I am working on launching a new version of the NeilPatel.com site and I plan to offer something that has never been done before in the marketing world.
As always I love to hear your comments so let me know your thoughts in the section below.
Feel free to tell me your thoughts on the questions asked, the answers Neil gave, or any insights and takeaways you've gained from reading the post...